1. Call to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the United States.
4. Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas State Flag. “"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."
5. Announcements and comments from the public. At this time, any person with business before the Commissioner’s Court not scheduled on the agenda may speak to the Court. No formalaction can be taken on these items at this meeting. No discussion or deliberation can occurduring publics’ comments. Comments regarding specific agenda items should occur when the item is called.
6. Presentation of Letters of Persuasion by the 4th grade class of Mrs. Nelson from the R.J. Ritchy elementary school. (Klaeger)
7. Presentation from the Texas Historical Commission to the Burnet County HistoricalCommission for the 2010 Distinguished Service Award. (Klaeger)
8. Presentation of a Proclamation recognizing Billy Bouhger from Precinct 4. (Dockery)
9. Presentation of a Proclamation recognizing National Crime Victims’ Rights Week. (Klaeger/Arredondo)
10. Discussion and/or action regarding a resolution declaring April as Burnet CountyGovernment Month and county activities. (Klaeger)
11. Presentation of a proclamation declaring Burnet County Volunteer Appreciation Week. (Klaeger)
12. Acknowledgement of receipt of Resolutions from the City of Horseshoe Bay rejecting the inclusion of the City’s ETJ in proposed ESD #3 and ESD #6. (Dockery)
13. Discussion and/or action regarding a burn ban for the unincorporated areas of Burnet County. (Klaeger/Darling)
14. Discussion and/or action regarding the updated FEMA flood plain maps. (Klaeger/Darling)
15. Discussion and/or action regarding a replat of all of Lot 33 of Stone Mountain as recorded in Cabinet 3, Slide 179B-180DS of the plat records of Burnet County to be known as Lot 33A and33B of Stone Mountain. (Neve/Griffith)
16. Discussion and/or action regarding a replat of all of Lot 2AA and 2C of Stone Mountain as recorded in Cabinet 4, Slide 114A-114B of the plat records of Burnet County to be known as Lot 2AAA and 2CC of Stone Mountain. (Neve/Griffith)
17. Discussion and/or action regarding replat of all of Lots 1 through 9 and Lot 15 of Lakeview Subdivision as recorded in Cabinet 1, Slide 184C-D of the plat records of Burnet County and aportion of Lot 1 Campa Pajama Subdivision, as recorded in Volume 106, Page 212 of the DeedRecords of Burnet County to be known as Lot 1B of Campa Pajama Subdivision and Lots 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, 7A, 8A, 9A and 15A of Lake View Subdivision. (Neve/Griffith)
18. Discussion and/or action regarding County Master Service Interlocal Contract between Harris County Department of Education and Burnet County. (Neve/Ford)
19. Presentation from the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization regarding development of the next travel model. (Klaeger/K. Lancaster)
20. Discussion and/or action regarding a letter from TxDOT asking Burnet County to submit requests for roadway materials. (Klaeger)
21. 11:30am – Presentation of the Burnet County Transportation Plan. (Klaeger)
22. Discussion and/or action regarding US 2010 Census for Burnet County: (Klaeger)
a. Meeting with municipalities regarding data concerns.
b. Census Count Question Resolution Program
23. Discussion and/or action on Burnet County Community Issues: (Klaeger)
b. Water Issues, including but not limited to:
1. utility sales
2. water management plan
3. water supply plan
4. TWDB grant
c. City/County collaborations
d. Household Hazard Waste collection up-date
e. Subdivision regulations
f. Legislative issues, including but not limited to:
4. TDCJ Rehabilitation programs
5. Water issues
6. MHMR/Jail – resolution
7. Lifting burn bans
8. Magistrate bill
9. Jail Standards
10. Unfunded mandates
24. Discussion and/or action regarding the Burnet County Jail. (Klaeger)
a. ratification of Interlocal Agreements with any Texas County for the housing of inmates at the Burnet County Jail signed by the County Judge.
b. Contract modification(s) of agreement with Southwest Corrections/Burnet County/TDCJ.
c. Polk Street Jail
e. Certificate of Compliance
f. INS inspection
25. Executive Session: Discussion with Burnet County Commissioner’s Court and legal counsel in accordance with Texas Government Codes 551.071 regarding:
1. Pending or contemplated multiple warrant issues leading to anticipated litigation.
2. Barbara Kline v. Burnet County, Civil Action No. SA-10-CA-0198-FB in the United States District Court of the Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division.
26. Reconvene in Open Session (Klaeger)
27. Discussion and/or action regarding items discussed in Executive Session. (Klaeger)
28. Discussion and/or action regarding grant application(s)/proposal(s)/acceptance. (Klaeger/Carter)
a. FY2012 Task Force on Indigent Defense Discretionary Grant resolution
b. HHW Collection report and thank you notes.
c. Approval to submit “thank you” ad to area newspapers for HHW Adopt-A-Barrel donor suing HHW reserve funds.
29. Discussion and/or action regarding department reports: (Klaeger)
30. Acknowledgement of receipt of report from the Burnet County Sheriff’s Office regarding data gathered in accordance with the Texas Racial Profiling Law (SB Mp 1-74). (Klaeger)
31. Discussion and/or action regarding 2011 Annual Membership Dues for the South Texas County Judges’ and Commissioners’ Association. (Klaeger)
32. Discussion and/or action concerning contracts or agreements. (Klaeger)
a. Interlocal agreement with Burnet County and LCRA to secure funds from the City of Granite Shoals Supplemental Environmental Program. (Dockery)
b. TAC Renewal application for Crime/Auto Physical Damage/Auto Liability/General Liability/Public Officials Liability. (Lester)
c. Contract with Web Manager to work on Tourism web site; paid by Hotel/Motel Tax.
33. Presentation of Burnet County 2011 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) by Neffendorf, Knopp, Doss & Company. (Klaeger/Fisher/Neffendorf)
34. Presentation of TAC Healthy County Wellness/Weight Watchers at Work Program. (Klaeger/D. Fisher)
35. Discussion and/or action regarding an update of County building keys and policy for
security purposes. (Klaeger/Gumbert/Smith)
36. Discussion and/or action regarding an audit of collectible fees by Burnet County. (Klaeger/Fisher)
37. Discussion and/or action regarding a request for approval for benefits for an employee going from part-time to full-time; divided between two departments. (Klaeger/Savage)
38. Discussion and/or action regarding authorizing a hand check to Cheryl Baca for a previously approved claim during Commissioner’s Court on 12.14.10 as compensation for a right-of-wayparcel. (Dockery)
39. Discussion and/or action regarding a bid from the Central Appraisal District on Lot K15059, Horseshoe Bay South. (Klaeger/Hemphill)
40. Acknowledgement of receipt of a letter from the Juvenile Probation Department identifying a surplus of $38,797.08 payable to Burnet County. (Klaeger)
41. Acknowledgement of receipt of the Burnet County Monthly Treasurer’s Report for February2011. (Klaeger/Crownover)
42. Call for Bids/Requests for Proposals. Discussion and/or action on bid/RFP openings or submitted bids.
43. Consideration and/or approval of any pending personnel issues.
44. Consideration and/or approval of the use of Justice of the Peace technology funds to cover Odyssey expenses. (Klaeger/Fisher)
45. Payroll approval.
46. Acceptance of reports of County Officials as required by LGC 115.02 previously examined by County Auditor.
47. Discussion and/or action regarding Departmental equipment requests and/or property transfers.
48. Discussion and/or action concerning budget line item transfers.
49. Discussion and/or action concerning budget amendments.
50. Discussion and/or action concerning 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 budget issues.
51. Consideration and authorization of payment of claims previously approved by the County Auditor.
52. Approval of minutes of previous meetings.
53. Discussion and/or action regarding reports on old business.
54. Future agenda review.
56. Calendar Review